We Help Program Assistant
We Help Program Assistant will support the We Help Services FRESH Pantry operations including stocking and organizing of the pantry, working along volunteers, and assisting clients through the pantry. The We Help Program Assistant works with a great team and reports to the Director of We Help Services.
SPFC requires that all newly hired employees be vaccinated against COVID-19. If a potential candidate has a medical or religious exemption to receiving a vaccine, your work conditions may require adjustment. SPFC will make reasonable accommodations under Federal and State laws as needed.
- Assist with all We Help front-of-house services, assist with client interviews, working at the front desk, and calling clients for the Choice pantry as needed.
- Respond to client concerns in a calm, concise and timely manner.
- Keep shelves, carts, freezers, and other displays properly stocked and organized.
- Ensure stations are clean and visually appealing.
- Ensure the freshness and quality of food is in line with all guidelines and regulations.
- Work in different stations in the FRESH Pantry to maintain client flow.
- Assist with Partner site visits, such as food bank inspections, and complete inspection forms.
- Administrative tasks such as tracking and entering volunteer hours, entry of program data into SPFC systems, calling partner organizations to collect data and respond to questions.
- Assist in Drive Thru pantry.
- Adhere to pantry and client guidelines.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintains documentation and records in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Supports the St. Petersburg Free Clinic’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Adheres to agency policies and procedures and all Federal and State regulations and local ordinances.
Required Skills & Abilities
- Strong relationship-building skills with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Capability to prioritize inter- and cross-departmental collaboration.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and related software.
- Capability to use a broad range of technology.
- Commitment to and modeling of St. Petersburg Free Clinic mission and values.
- Database experience or knowledge preferable.
- Prospect research experience preferable.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma
- Bilingual (Spanish and English) preferred
- Have a valid Florida driver’s license.
- Ability to stand for 6-8 hours
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds at times.
SPFC is a Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace.
Job Type : Full-Time
Preferred Qualifications : High School Diploma
Needed Availability/Scheduling : Monday - Thursday
Preferred Experience : Bilingual (Spanish and English) preferred
Have a valid Florida driver’s license.
Type of Location : One location
The Location(s) (N/A if not applicable) : N/A
Pay/Salary : 18.00 Hourly
Employer contact information : https://stpetersburgfreeclinic.org/careers/
COVID-19 mask requirement? : No, we do not require employees to wear a face mask.
COVID-19 vaccine requirement? : Minimum 1 vaccine required