Personal Banker at Valley Bank
As a Banking Service Professional, the Personal Banker will provide effective support of sales and service activities within the banking office, developing new business by educating existing and potential clients and exemplifying Valley's quality service standards. Provides a variety of banking solutions by analyzing needs, recommending solutions, and selling bank products and services to existing and potential clients. Perform a variety of routine banking transactions (teller and platform), while supporting the Market Manager in achieving quality service and complying with operational procedures.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for providing exceptional customer service in accordance with Valley's mission statement. Ability to engage customers with friendly and professional service.
- Knowledge of all Bank products and services and ability to educate and demonstrate to customers on such, as well as cross-sell various products and services.
- Ability to present a confident and professional demeanor to establish trust and gain knowledge from the customer. Analyze needs and recommend appropriate products and services.
- Meets with customers to analyze financial needs and maximize sales opportunities. Offers all bank products and assists with other service needs, opens new accounts, i.e., checking, savings, certificate of deposit, and IRAs, discusses/sells loan products to existing and prospective customers, and possesses knowledge of online banking and mobile banking abilities to promote and demonstrate to customers.
- Responsible for meeting customer expectations and achieving service quality standards. Participates/oversees the sales referral process ensuring customer financial needs are met and assists management in coaching and mentoring branch staff members.
- Ability to perform all transactions required by a customer and use appropriate technology to provide services most effectively and efficiently. Maintain and balance a cash box. Ability to utilize technology such as Teller Scanning Equipment, Cash Recycling, and Cash Dispensing machines and support customers in the use of Coin Machines.
- Act as Vault Teller ensuring the adequacy of Branch cash for daily transactions by assisting the branch staff in ordering and shipping currency & coins and controlling & distributing cash to Tellers in prescribed limits.
- Assists in community events (i.e., Habitat for Humanity), etc. Participates in and supports CRA initiatives, activities, and programs.
- Report all significant matters, issues and unusual customer activity to Manager maintaining personal knowledge of compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Maintains knowledge and compliance with the Bank's Code of Conduct and all policies and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication. Ability to write correspondence and appropriately and accurately demonstrate products and services to customers.
- Excellent interpersonal & customer service skills, attentiveness, information retention, tact, and diplomacy in dealing with both customers and employees.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills to effectively uncover and resolve complex customer issues.
- Ability to make sound decisions which include making on-the-spot decisions regarding customer transactions; weighing customer satisfaction issues with the Bank's exposure to loss or fraud and ability to think through and rationalize decisions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or scheduled form.
- Provides deep understanding of Retail Banking and strong Customer Service Skills with the ability to engage customers in conversation regarding products and services.
- Detail-oriented, strong organizational skills, and a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficient computer skills.
- High School diploma or GED and minimum 2 years of business services experience in branch banking and knowledge of branch operations or successful completion of a Valley Retail training program.
- An associate or bachelor's degree with a concentration in accounting, business, finance, economics or a related field is preferred.
- FIS/IBS (Integrated Banking Solutions) preferred.
Job Type : Full-Time
Preferred Qualifications : https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=2169307&d=ExternalCareerSite&r=5000939609306&_fromPublish=true#/
Job Benefits : https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=2169307&d=ExternalCareerSite&r=5000939609306&_fromPublish=true#/
Needed Availability/Scheduling : https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=2169307&d=ExternalCareerSite&r=5000939609306&_fromPublish=true#/
Preferred Experience : https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=2169307&d=ExternalCareerSite&r=5000939609306&_fromPublish=true#/
Type of Location : One location
The Location(s) (N/A if not applicable) : Valley Bank
Pay/Salary : https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=2169307&d=ExternalCareerSite&r=5000939609306&_fromPublish=true#/
Employer contact information : https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=2169307&d=ExternalCareerSite&r=5000939609306&_fromPublish=true#/
COVID-19 mask requirement? : No, we do not require employees to wear a face mask.
COVID-19 vaccine requirement? : No vaccine required