Architectural Project Architect / Project Manager
Sweet Sparkman Architecture & Interiors (SSAI) is a growing and dynamic design firm headquartered in Sarasota, Florida. We are excited to be opening a new office in St. Petersburg, and we’re seeking a design-oriented Project Architect / Project Manager to help lead our St. Pete team. The position reports to Firm Principals. The Project Manager performs senior-level architectural design, documentation, and project management activities. Resume and portfolio are required. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
• Communicates and develops designs with Firm Principals, client, other architects, engineers and designers. Develops and produces presentation documents.
• Coordinates the preparation of and reviews final drawings, specifications and documents before submittals. Coordinates the submission of project documents to jurisdictional agencies.
• Oversee the production and delivery of a full set of Construction Documents and Specifications.
• Check CDs for completeness, accuracy and coordination among disciplines.
• Coordinate with consultants on building elements and solutions.
• Assists client as required in the bidding process by preparing bid documents, answering the Contractor’s RFIs, and coordinating the preparation of addenda to the bid documents.
• Manage the project schedules; manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Communicates with team members of other disciplines to answer questions or resolve significant problems regarding construction documents.
• Participate in the development of budget and fee proposals.
• Provide mentoring, management and drawing supervision of junior staff members.
• Well-rounded skill-set that includes technical, design and project management capabilities.
• Strong understanding of how to analyze a site to determine constraints on site development; provide critical analysis of code and zoning issues.
• Extensive understanding of building systems; construction materials, methods and standards; structural principals and building codes.
• Strong documentation and field observation skills with an understanding of how documents translate to contractors.
• Strong graphic and visualization skills.
• Able to ascertain the level of detail needed on a drawing set based on the level of complexity of the project.
Job Type : Full-Time
Preferred Qualifications : • Professional Degree in Architecture
• Licensure or minimum 10 years work experience
• Proficiency in Revit, Bluebeam and MS Office
• Proficiency in 3D visualization software (Lumion, Enscape, Sketchup, Rhino) and Adobe suite a
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent time management
Job Benefits : • Flexible work environment: In-office MWF; Remote allowed TuTh
• Health insurance, 401K, Annual Bonus and 401K Profit Sharing
Needed Availability/Scheduling : Full Time
Preferred Experience : Licensure or minimum 10 years work experience
Type of Location : One location
The Location(s) (N/A if not applicable) : St. Petersburg
Pay/Salary : TBD
Employer contact information : email@example.com
COVID-19 mask requirement? : No, we do not require employees to wear a face mask.
COVID-19 vaccine requirement? : No vaccine required